Tuesday, January 12, 2010

2 month checkup


All bundled up and ready to go to the doctor - isn't my new hat the cutest?

Yesterday was my 9 week birthday. Go me!

Today, Mommy and Daddy took me to the doctor for my 2 month checkup! We went into the waiting room and signed the paper, and then Daddy played with me until the nurse came out and called my name! We went into room 1 and Mommy and Daddy stripped me down to my diaper. The room was VERY warm! Then we went down the hall and they put me on this scale to weigh me - I am now 11lbs 13 oz! The nurse (who kept calling me "boo boo") also stretched out my leg to see how long I am - 23 1/8 inches! Both are just above the 50th percentile. Yay! Then she measured my head circumference at 15 3/4 (75th percentile)! My temperature was normal, although I was trying to push it out when she was taking it. She was very impressed with me :)

Then we went back to room 1 and Mommy and Daddy played with me on the table until the doctor came in. She had a med student with her, so he came in also. He just watched us. She talked to Mommy and Daddy, asking them all kinds of questions about how much and often I sleep, eat, and poop. She also asked them if I smile and talk to them, and then she came over and talked to me and grabbed my hands to see if I could sit up on my own, and was impressed with how strong I am, and how well I can hold my head up :) She did say that Mommy and Daddy need to make sure I have more tummy time because the back of my head is developing a flat spot. Since I can sit up in the Bumbo now, we will probably be doing that more too!

Mommy had a bunch of questions about my breathing, my tongue, my teething and the reflux symptoms I've been having. The dr gave Mommy a prescription for liquid Zantac for me to take 3x/day, ideally 30 minutes before I eat. The doctor also told them about the vaccinations that are recommended. There were 3 shots and 1 oral vaccination. One of the 3 shots combined 3 of the vaccines, so that was good! Next time (at 4 months) I will only need 2 shots and one oral medicine. These are the vaccines I had: HBV (hep B), DTaP, HIB, IPV, Prevnar, and Rotateq.

Then the doctor left and we waited for the nurse to come in. Mommy and Daddy got me dressed but left my legs out. The nurse came in and gave me some good tasting medicine in my mouth. Then Mommy gave me the pacifier and the nurse stuck me in the right leg with a sharp thing! And it bled! I only cried for a second, and then I just watched Mommy and the nurse be amazed at how it kept bleeding! Once that was under control, the nurse stuck me with a sharp thing in the left leg! That really hurt!! I was crying a lot! Then while I was crying, she stuck me again! I was NOT happy!!!! Daddy came over and helped me calm down then. He gave me a bottle, and I settled down. We got dressed and I went back in the carseat. By the time I was in the car, I was fast asleep!

Mommy edit: I dropped Daddy off at CVS so he could fill the Zantac Rx. When I got home with the baby, he was still asleep, but woke up not long after and finished his bottle. Then he was standing on me for awhile and also sat in the Bumbo. He's currently sleeping in his swing. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment